Hello My Beauties,
Because of the harsh weather conditions, we all face rough, uneven, textured and/or dull skin. Different people with different skin have different concerns, but this face mask will suit all skin types and will take care of all your skin concerns. I’ve listed everything you need for more even, smoother and brighter skin.
- Gram flour (aka Besan)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric (aka Haldi)
- 1 tsp. Tomato/lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Almond/olive oil
- Raw milk(oily skin)/curd(dry skin) to make a paste like consistency
Helps lighten the skin, reduces excess oil, removes tan and darkness, helps fight acne, gently exfoliates the skin and if removed before it fully dries (like after its 80% dry), it’ll also help reduce unwanted facial hair. It also helps in tightening and firming the skin.
Has anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which helps in preventing skin pigmentation, tones the skin and regular use of this magical ingredient can make your skin look more radiant and glowing. It also helps in reducing pimples, acne scars, inflammation and the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands.
Tomatoes are full of various nutrients and have great bleaching properties. They help get rid of discoloration. Also treats and prevents acne, minimize pores and regulates secretion of sebum in oily skin. Lemon juice has similar properties. Combining these two together or using them alone can get rid of uneven skin with great effectiveness.
Helps in gently removing the debris from deep within the skin and follicles. It can also prevent future acne, because of its vitamin A. It is safe to use by even those with sensitive skin but always remember not to use almond hair oils for this purpose and use only virgin almond oil.
Olive oil has three major antioxidants polyphenols, phytosterols and vitamin E. Vitamin E plays a major role in anti-aging benefits as it helps restore smoothness of the skin and protects against UV rays.
Contains antioxidants for glowing skin, and gives it luminosity and a translucent quality which more expensive creams fail to give.
Rich in protein, calcium and vitamin D hence, very beneficial for skin health. It has healing properties and gives a crystal clear skin whether consumed internally or used externally. It is very effective for sunburns, detoxifying skin, anti-aging, lightening complexion and reducing sun tan. It also tones your skin, lightens acne and pimple scars. Curd gives hydration and soothing effect to the skin which makes skin soft and supple.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a considerably thick paste like consistency so that it’s not runny.
- Apply the face mask on a freshly cleansed face after patting it dry with a towel, evenly.
- Let it dry for about 10-15 mins or until it gets dry. If you want to get rid of the peach fuss (facial hair), remove it in circular motions without water before it dries completely (when it’s 80% dry).
- Now, wash it off completely with water, you can rinse it with warm water first and then splash your face with cool water.
- Oily Skin: must use raw milk as curd will become too moisturizing and greasy for oily skin and dry skin people must use curd for the same reason.
- Normal to Combination: can choose either, based on their skin needs at that point of time or what skin type is most similar to what they have.
This face mask will make your face brighter, fresh looking and smoother. It will also reduce the tanning and marks from your face with regular use. You can use this mask 1-2 times a week. After regular use, you’ll start to notice a more visible reduction in uneven skin tone and facial hair. The many benefits of each ingredient will become noticeable over time because yes, it actually works!
Read More from Neha’s Personal Blog: Beauty & Skinn.
2,019 total views, 5 views today