- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup panko crumbs, or fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, and shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, and milk. In a shallow dish, pour the panko crumbs. In a third dish, add the flour. Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle of each jalapeno half. One at a time, dredge in the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing to coat. If necessary, repeat the process. Place the coated peppers, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the filling is runny and the crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with cold beer.
1,551 total views, 1 views today