If you’re planning a get-together whether at the park or at home, the fun won’t be complete without some patriotic booze! With a little planning and preparation you’ll have Pinterest perfect Red, White & Blue drinks that your guests just won’t be able to resist.
5 Cocktail Recipes for 4th of July
- 8 ounces black currant vodka
- 32 ounces lemonade
- 1 ounce blue curaçao
- 8 lemon wheels
- 8 mint sprigs
In a pitcher, combine the vodka and lemonade and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Stir well and pour into ice-filled highball or red wine glasses. Top each drink with 3/4 teaspoon of blue curaçao and garnish with a lemon wheel and a mint sprig.
Red, White & Blue Sangria:
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Cayuse Cherry Bomb:
- 1 peeled orange section
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce sweet cherry juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- Sparkling wine
- Orange twist, for garnish
Mash the orange section in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice. Add the gin, cherry juice, simple syrup and bitters and shake well. Strain into a martini glass and top with sparkling wine; garnish with the twist.
Red, White & Blue Martini:
- 2 oz. Hypnotiq
- 1 oz. Citrus Vodka
- lemon lime soda
Combine the first two ingredients and a splash of soda. Shake with ice and strain into your martini glass. Carefully pour in a small amount of grenadine. This should fall to the bottom of the glass, creating a nice layered effect. Add a white garnish like shaved coconut or white chocolate.
Red, White & Blue Jello Shot
- 1 3 oz. envelope of strawberry jello
- Clear distilled liquor (try flavored vodka, rum, or tequila)
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1 3 oz. envelope of berry blue jello
1. Starting with the red layer, combine 1 1/4 cup of hot water with red gelatin in a medium bowl. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved, and add 3/4 cup of a spirit of your choice. Fill a shot glass 1/3 of the way full with the hot gelatin mixture, or pour into a baking dish. Refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
2. Once the red layer is set, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in 3/4 cup of hot water. Stir in half of a 14 oz. can of condensed milk, and combine. Pour over the red layer in your shot glasses or baking pan, and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
3. As soon as the white layer is set, dissolve the berry blue flavored gelatin in 1 1/4 cup of hot water. Stir in 3/4 cup of your choice of spirit, and top your shot glasses or baking dish. Refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes. It’s important to let each layer set so that it won’t bleed into the following layer.
4. If you used a baking sheet, cut your jello shots into patriotic shapes.